Monday, August 9, 2010

Meet Jeremy: Office Manager and Inter-Department Liason!

Hi! My name is Jeremy Alexander Theodore Day and I’m going to be a senior at USD and one day hope to rule the world!



Over the last seven months, I’ve been fortunate enough to experience different corners of the globe (from Madrid, to Guadalajara to DC and Memphis) and now, I’m extremely excited to return to the wonderful University of San Diego and continue the role as Office Manager for CASA. For this upcoming year as office manager, I plan to make our transition in leadership as smooth and successful as possible. I will continue to build our numbers of volunteers and continue to spread awareness for what our department stands for and loves to do.

I helped build and currently oversee a youth-college informational program that partners with the San Diego School District to select elementary and middle schools to attend USD campus tours and sporting events; students from athletics, Greek Life and many other departments on campus help to introduce and inform parents of the opportunities that their children have to attend college.

This year, I will aid the International Center in creating collaborations between the CSL/CASA department and international studies abroad in order to make the student study abroad experience as enjoyable, educational and meaningful as possible. I am also the Community Outreach/Philanthropy Chair for my fraternity, Beta Theta Pi, and I'm in charge of constructing service projects for Beta's USD chapter and organizing our annual philanthropy event, called Surf As One. Surf As One is a surf competition to raise money for the organization Life Rolls On, which is a nonprofit spinal chord research organization.


(For more information on Life Rolls On, click here!)

I am extremely excited for this upcoming year and all of the progress and expansion that is in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment