Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Cool Cluber

Mood: Excited

I stroll into UC 113 thrilled to be taking a break from my ridiculous class schedule and amped for some time well spent with some friends of mine. Chase comes running in yelling ‘Lets Go! Come on its sports week! We got to go!’ like he forgot to plan out today’s activity or something…but we all know it’s just his way of getting us excited. The drive there is too long but before you know it I’m already tagged out in an epic game of ‘Pacman’ where we essentially play tag but are restricted to the white lines of a basketball court. It’s a bit more low-key than kickball, until I realize I’ve got two TRACE students barreling down to get me out again. These guys are crazy! As I’m now tagged out first for the third game in a row, I can’t believe it is already time to go! Well luckily next week we are paper-maching so hopefully that won’t get too messy…oh wait.


“Cool Club is an organization on campus committed to bridging the gaps between USD students and those students of the TRACE program part of Mesa Community College. The TRACE students are college-aged students who suffer from an array of intellectual disabilities. Every Tuesday and Thursday, from 1:45pm-3:15pm, we partake in many different activities, ranging from sports and recreation to arts and crafts.”

1 comment: