Thursday, August 6, 2009

Meet Lindsey: Direct Service Graduate Assistant


Hi! My name is Lindsey and I am really looking forward to beginning work as a new Graduate Assistant for CASA! This year, I will be a first year graduate student in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at USD. I am really looking forward to beginning school again. I graduated from Arizona State University this past December and I have really missed being a student ever since. It seems kind of crazy, I know, but I really love getting to know fun and interesting people, being involved and making a difference and I find that being a student is one of the best ways to accomplish all of that simultaneously!


I decided to “take the summer off” (meaning no work or school for me!) in order to relax and enjoy the nice weather at home with my family in Michigan before starting school again. I have spent my time here doing many of the things that I love like cooking, running, babysitting my one-year-old niece Lexie, playing in the lake with my dog Kobe and our family dog Lilly, anticipating and FINALLY watching Harry Potter 6, trying to finish Breaking Dawn, the last book of the Twilight series and practicing my Portuguese, which seems to be coming along at a slow and painful pace! I have recently returned from a month long vacation spent in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where I had the best time! For anyone who loves beaches, warm, sunny, tropical weather and friendly people, Rio is the place to visit!


I cannot wait for my upcoming move to San Diego! I have only heard great things about the city and I am so excited to discover and explore all of the wonderful things San Diego has to offer. I am also incredibly excited to meet and work with everyone at CASA and all of the students at USD! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your summer! I can’t wait to see you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment