Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meet Mercedes - AR/AC Student Director


My name is Mercedes and I am the new Student Director of the America Reads/America Counts program. I hope your summer has been as interesting as mine - I've been to a few places this summer, including Washington D.C. (where I got to see the president take off overhead in Marine One no less... definitely a highlight), but have mostly been busy with a summer biology course and enjoying living by the beach in my free time. I've also enjoyed reading all of the applications for the new AR/AC tutors - we have an great new group of people who have done amazing things with service in their own community, and I'm looking forward to what they can do in Linda Vista this fall while working alongside our current tutors.

At the moment we're working out the details of the trainings to be held at the very beginning of the semester, and we would love any suggestions from past and present participants in the program. I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing all of you in September, and I hope you all enjoy the remainder of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment